Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Moon Sugar Decals

I'm not very good at drawing, especially on my nails. It always looks like an arthritic three-year-old did the drawing. I don't usually even bother painting my nails, but, you know, I'm almost thirty. Who cares if no one sees them? I deserve to have some fun!

The first thing I realized is that topcoat matters. I thought all topcoat brands were the same. I had been using the same bottle of Sally Hansen Advanced Hard as Nails for years. Every time I thought they were dry, even hours later, another smudge! I was beginning to get a complex. I just started using Orly. What a difference! When my nails are "dry", they stay dry!

Why do I mention this? Because I just discovered nail decals. I needed some military-style nails for a book club meeting (we read a mercenary series). I found Moon Sugar Decals through Amazon. They delivered in a timely manner; I didn't have to badger them with e-mails asking where my product was. The decals are small enough for my short nails, and they give a lot on the one sheet, just in case you mess up. Which I did.

But they were really easy to apply. Cut them out, and put them in a small bowl or cup of water. After a minute or so, use tweezers or your fingers to pick them up out of the water. But be gentle. The decal slides right off, and touching them too much can ruin the design. Stick them on your nails. Here is where the topcoat mattered. With my old one, you could see the edges of the film where I cut the decal out. Obviously, you want the decal to blend into your polish color.

They have so many designs. I'm going to try Country & Western next, I think. But before i do that, I will enter the wonderful world of nail stamping!


https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13267798_10100405272652336_2520445527909585230_n.jpg?oh=b94ff53a878ed8fe0bed3776eea41e96&oe=57C64FDB

blob:https%3A//mail.google.com/0f918da4-d5e6-4608-a6bb-0e6f4209a15a

No comments:

Post a Comment