Saturday, November 5, 2016

Stuntman or Actor?

I've been thinking about action movies and shows recently. I watch Arrow. I also love the Fast and Furious saga. I miss Paul Walker! Vin Diesel and the other actors have stated that they like to do their own stunts, up to a certain point. Other times, a movie will be in the news because the actor says they did all the stunt work himself. Shouldn't that be the case all the time, though? If you're not fit to do the movie yourself, don't audition for it.Yes, I understand some scenes might need an expert. And in this age of liability and suing for every little thing, it makes sense to have a stunt double on standby. But sometimes you can clearly see the stunt double's face in an action scene, instead of the actor they are portraying. Really? Like I can't tell that his face changed shape in five seconds? Studios should do a better job. Come on, it's 2016!
Stephen Amell and his stunt double Simon Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment