Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hire the Disabled!

What is it in Hollywood? What is the point of casting?

I haven't seen "Me Before You", but it's been the subject of a lot of controversy. Spoiler Alert: He kills himself. Because he's paralyzed. I find that notion highly offensive. So because he's paralyzed, his life is over? Huh. I guess I shouldn't have bothered getting that Master's or making an effort to meet all those celebrities. Broadway shows and restaurants? Nah. Apparently I should just be sitting in my house, feeling sorry for myself.

More than the whole "paralysis is worse than death" thing, why are the disabled actors not getting the parts of the disabled characters? The kid in the wheelchair in Glee? Yeah, he can walk. So can Sam Claflin. While he's very good-looking, he's not paralyzed! Even Hollywood is saying disabled people aren't good enough for the workforce, even to play themselves!

There is a new show coming out, called Speechless. It's about a boy with cerebral palsy, and his family. And guess what? The actor actually has CP!! Hallelujah! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment