Friday, April 22, 2016

What Happened to Us?

I might lose some followers because of this post. That is a risk I am willing to take.

What happened to America? We were once a proud and forceful nation. Now, we are all scared of our shadows. And of offending our neighbors.

What is the deal with these transgender bathrooms? You're telling me I might have to share a bathroom with a she-male? And if I had a daughter, she might be getting an early sex education? Um, no thank you. I remember when my brother was little. We always felt bad bringing him into the ladies' room. What would happen now? And what about pedophiles? They can just claim to be transgender! No one can say anything.

A lot of events have been canceled because of recent legislation. Cirque de Soleil canceled events in North Carolina. Honestly, I happily boycotted their show. I'd rather go to the bathroom in a safe environment. New York canceled a Mississippi festival because of a law passed there stating marriage is between a man and a woman. First of all, what do New Yorkers have to do with Mississippi? Secondly, most of the country believes marriage should be between a man and a woman, people.

Another issue I have is with the news that Harriet Tubman will eventually replace President Jackson the $20 bill. Why disrupt the status quo? If MLK didn't mind, should we?  He was the president, no offense to Harriet Tubman.

Cracker Jacks are now apparently going to have no prizes at all. They are paper now, anyway. I remember getting actual prizes in the boxes, and I'm not even that old. Why are we so afraid of kids choking? If parents are letting their kids have that much sugar, we have bigger problems. I wasn't even allowed to have gum until third grade.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment