Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Nail Stamping

I have been hearing a lot recently about nail art and nail stamping. I had doubts. Could I pull it off? Would it work? Would my nails look like they were painted by Picasso blindfolded?

I decided to order a couple of stamping plates from Amazon. I was worried the images would be too big for my small nail, as I had no way of knowing how big the plate was in real life.Plus, every time I watched videos on Youtube or looked at pictures on Google, the people doing the stamping all have long nails. To say nothing of how easy they make it look.

I didn't get any stamping nail polish, and I just bought one small squishy stamper, CICI & SISI brand, which came with a scraper.

Now, how to stamp. The videos all tell you to hold the scraper at a 45-degree angle and scrape away from you. Um, no. The trick is to lay the plate at an angle and scrape up. Make sure you wipe the plate first with remover. Another thing they don't tell you is that you have to "prime" the scraper by running a nail file over it. Trust me, it works.
The heart came out great, but the phrasing took a few tries. I probably need longer nails, too :)
I used MoYou London's Pride & Prejudice-themed plate, with Revlon Tuscan Sun and StripeRite in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment